Tonight at the Well we talked about a new concept we will be starting to walk out this next term… at the moment we’re calling it ‘Mini Mondays’.
Without boring you with details, it basically involves downsizing our community gathering on a Monday night (once a month to start with) to multiple smaller gatherings of 3-5 people.
- To better live out the vision “To see the Kingdom of God increase in the London Borough of Sutton”.
- To enable us to support each other better (4 people round a table, everyone talks and has space to be listened to – 12 people round a table, some miss out).
- To provide a space for people to grow in gifts of hospitality and leadership (cooking for 4 people is easier than 12, and if the group grows gradually so will your gifts hopefully).
- To create a space for those who aren’t yet Christians to be invited and feel even more comfortable (perhaps some people feel more comfortable in a big group, but some surely more comfortable in a small one).
- To live out the principle that we are all priests (1 Peter 2:9) and save us from being formed around one or two ‘super Christians’/leaders.
More to come…